Re: [Phpgroupware-users] problem getting phpwebhosting to work properly

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] problem getting phpwebhosting to work properly
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 22:30:37 +1000

SI Reasoning <address@hidden> wrote:

> I worked with Dave on IRC and made some progress but also ran
> across some
> issues:
>
> it requires a specific domain name created in configuration setup.
> This resolved the problem I mentioned here (although there are
> still many
> problems we have not resolved yet...later in this email...)
> Having to choose a domain name causes us some problems here. If we
> choose the
> domain name of the local server it works fine on the local lan but
> refuses
> entry remotely (where we have a firewall/nat setup with port 80
> forwarded).If we use the internet ip address, then it will not
> work locally (some
> weirdness when a local computer is sent through the nat, and then
> back into
> the nat and then forwarded. It doesn't work in many situations,
> including
> this one.

I was thinking about this a bit more.  Have you tried running the server
on another port? like 8080 or 8008??  Secondly do you have allow direct
access if availble ticked on in phpwebhosting??

> other issues:
> we tried going to manage apps and uninstall/reinstall but it did
> not fix the
> following issues:

This was a suggestion of mine to try to clean out the data in the
phpgw_vfs table.

> At one time I had deleted the /home/user1 directory, however phpwh
> did not
> acknowledge that deletion. This meant that everytime (even after
> uninstall/install) it kept defaulting back to the original (and
> now ddeleted)
> directory. I had to recreate it and it worked fine.

Another idea would be to try the following:

1 BACK UP YOUR DB
2 Run this DELETE FROM phpgw_vfs WHERE app = 'phpwebhosting';
3 Delete all the directories in /path/to/phpgw/files/home
4 login again

If it fails ... you wasted 5 mins and just restore your db ... if not
problem solved.  This should also recreate the home/groupname dirs for
you too.

> The groups that I created previously are not seen in the new file
> manager,
> even when the groupd directories are moved to /home. I am a
> memeber of all of
> the groups, and we even reset the acls in admin>user groups so
> that each
> group is fully acceptable to the group. No difference.

The groups won't be auto ported afaik.  Once the dirs are created
automagically, cp the old files/group dirs over.  The run update within
phpwh for each dir.

> all files and directories within phpgroupware were changed to
> apache:apache
> and 770

once doing the moves double check that

> The biggest issue is the first one. It force me to choose either
> remote access
> or local access. When I had previously left the url section of the
> admin
> configuration blank, it had worked fine with everything else.
> Maybe one could
> either allow for several internet address choices for the url
> section or
> phpwh could be fixed to work with the ip address used like all of
> the other
> programs.

I think if all or the majority of the core apps allow this behaviour
then this should be logged as a bug on savannah (on the bug manager, not
the support manager :) ).  I will try to investigate it further, but
phpwh is really zone's forte.

> After that the next big issue is getting group access to files
> uploaded, etc.

Yes see above ... once phpwh creates the dirs you can copy them manually.

btw i am sorry i couldn't stick around earlier ... coming to the end of
semester for uni ... lots on.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)