Re: [Phpgroupware-users] PHPGW 0.9.14 and LDAP

From: Taymour A. El Erian
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] PHPGW 0.9.14 and LDAP
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:23:49 +0200

Another note I got now, if I user a username that is not in my ldap directory it returns quickly with invalid username/password

Taymour A. El Erian wrote:

Hi,

I installed PHPGW 0.9.14 and using SQL it was working, now I want to use LDAP (my LDAP is OpenLDAP 2.0.19). My LDAP server contains a hierarchy where each domain has a leaf in the tree, under each leaf are users (I use the LDAP with qmail-ldap). Now I have added phpgwAccount to my entry, if I try to use the setup and create admin user it just doesn't do anything and I get timeout from my browser. I verified my root dn and password and all and they work from ldapadd from the command line. Also if I try to login with any user id from the LDAP I get login incorrect or time out again and sometimes the following error
*
Database error:* Invalid SQL: select * from phpgw_acl where (acl_account in (, 0))

*File:* /var/www/html/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.acl.inc.php
*Line:* 94

*Session halted.*

.

I really would appreciate it if someone could guide me to the 2 parametere used by PHPGW to login with LDAP (are they uid & userPassword). What I need to do is integrate PHPGW with my LDAP server and qmail so I don't have to add new entries for users to start using it.

TIA

--
Taymour A El Erian
System Division Manager