[Phpgroupware-users] Problems getting e-mail to work

From: Thomas Cameron
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems getting e-mail to work
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 21:08:28 -0500

Howdy all -

I have recently set up phpGroupWare on a Red Hat 7.3 box.  I know that e-mail is broken on RH7.3, but I installed MySQL, Apache, PHP, OpenSSL, and mod_ssl from source.  I was under the impression that that fixed the e-mail problem.

Anyway, my problem is that I set up the site config for e-mail to hit our mail server, also a RH 7.3 server, for UW-IMAP and SMTP.  I have futzed around with site settings, my personal account settings, and all I get when I click on the e-mail link is a blank page.  The HTML source looks like this:

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>
The URL looks like this:

http://my.server.lan/phpgroupware/index.php?menuaction=email.uiindex.index&sessionid=94c4bbe2bf761e683f62ac90aaa77f47&kp3=db234a2b9539f15046d9b28dc0a0d4ec&domain=default

I don't know what else is needed to debug.  Unfortunately, I am just a sysadmin, not a PHP coder.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Thomas