RE: [Phpgroupware-users] filemanager : help needed

From: Marc Lutolf
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] filemanager : help needed
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:23:29 +0200

chmod 770 means that the owner and his group can read/write/list.

I'm no expert, (and I don't have NT4 in front of me right now, so this is
from memory), but here are some suggestions:

- Find the /files/users directory.
- Right-click on it.
- Go Properties-->Security
- Give user Everyone Read, Write, List permission

If NT doesn't let you, you may have to first work with the Users and
Passwords control panel.

This post and your previous one makes me think inappropriate permissions may
also have given you problems during installation. Did your phpgw
installation run without errors?

If not you might use the permissions procedure above on your toplevel
directory (www?) and then run the installation.
If you think your installation is OK, you might run the above procedure on
the phpgroupware directory, and click on the "Advanced" button on the
Security tab and let those permissions percolate to the subdirectories. Once
you have everything working you can then tighten up security again where you
see fit