RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Timetrack

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Timetrack
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:22:45 -0400

There's a few of us looking to make some changes to the app but there seems
to be little coordination or direction at the moment

For now, post what your feature desires are so other Timetrack developers
can coordinate working with you if your priorities match theirs.  My
priorities are a more standardized method of recording contacts (with
separate company and individual tables) to allow for future features like
accounting and palm syncing and a way to create invoices from the time data

1. You are correct - there isn't a way to delete a project through
phpgroupware (you would have to do it through another database program).  A
concern with deleting a project is that there may be time attached to it -
so it shouldn't be deleted.  A method to check before a delete could be
devised but currently the method is just to set the Status of the project as
Inactive.  Although some pages allow you to select types of records to show,
I don't think any of them allow you to show all but one type (ie all but
Inactive).  Both items are things that could/should be addressed/added

2. You lost me here - what are you trying to do?

The writing of docs would also be a help (start from a normal user's point
of view then expand into admin stuff).