[Phpgroupware-users] argument for storing contacts in LDAP

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] argument for storing contacts in LDAP
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 23:13:19 -0400

Hello,

I would like to ask those of you who use LDAP storage of contacts in
the addressbook module about your experience. I thought one argument
for choosing this way would be that users can retrieve the information
they add via phpgroupware with other LDAP clients, for example email
software. But after some experimenting I got the impression that since
phpgroupware uses its own LDAP schema, these other clients won't
retrieve phpgroupware's contact information very easily. Do I miss
something?
Thanks in advance,

Michael