[Phpgroupware-users] Install Problems - header.inc.php errors

From: David Powell
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Install Problems - header.inc.php errors
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:16:18 +1000

Hi There,

I'm using Mandrake 8.2, PHP 4.1.2, Apache 1.3.23, MySQL 3.23.47

I'm just trying to get started but can't seem to get phpGW configured. Here's what I've done so far.

- Installed from the mdk rpms.

- This places everything within var/www/html/phpgroupware/phpgroupware.

- Changed the ownership of the /files location to 'apache', all else is owned by root.

- Setup the phpgroupware database. Also, I wasn't sure if I had to, but I created a system (rather than DB) user by the name of phpgroupware. I did this after I was having the problems, just in case it fixed them magically :->, but it didn't change anything.

- Next, I pointed my browser to localhost/phpgroupware/phpgroupware/setup and was presented with the initial setup screen. It displayed the following info:

"You appear to have MySQL support enabled
No Postgres-DB support found. Disabling
No Microsoft SQL Server support found. Disabling
No Oracle-DB support found. Disabling
You appear to be using PHP4. Enabling PHP4 sessions support
sample configuration not found. using built in defaults
Now guessing better values for defaults"

I entered in the appropriate values below this, but didn't touch any of the options to do with Mcrypt or Domain log box as I don't have a clue what they're on about.

I then go to view the header.inc.php file to save. It has the following message:

"Template Error: filename: file ..//header.inc.php.template does not exist.
Halted.
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/html/phpgroupware/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.Template.inc.php on line 440"

Obviously something's wrong so I haven't done anything else.

Could someone help me work out what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance,

David