Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Error upgrading phpGroupWare to latest cvs

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Error upgrading phpGroupWare to latest cvs
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 00:16:23 +0000

there are rarely table updates on an "upgrade" to the same minor version.
Most, if
not all, the updates between the .14RC's and final are just in code, and a
couple
updates to the header formating, no table structure changes.  Also go into Step
4 of
/setup and make sure the apps you have installed don't require a table update.

Lederrey Guillaume (address@hidden) wrote*:

>  Hi !
>
>  I just made a BIG mistake : i didnt backup my server before updating
>phpGroupWare ...  so I have to find a solution ...
>
>  I updated phpGroupWare (cvs update -dP) from an early 9.14 version
>(dont remember if it was rc2 ... ?).  Then I went to ./setup, I
>recreated the header.inc.php.  Then I logged as "setup / config admin"
>and it tells me : "your applications are current" (good !) and "Insanity
>: [uninstall all applications]".
>
>  The problem, I need to keep the old data !  how can I upgrade the
>tables without loosing all data ?  I thought I remember there was an
>easy way, but i couldnt find it ...
>
>  Any help will be greatly appriciated !!!

Thanks

        Guillaume