[Phpgroupware-users] phpgroupware projects...

From: John Burton
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] phpgroupware projects...
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:14:18 -0400

Greetings,

I'm currently using phpgroupware 0.9.14. got everything working properly (I think :-). Now I'm trying to use "Projects", specifically I'm trying to "Add" a project. Unfortunately the documentation is a bit sparse. I assume that the items with a "*" beside them are required fields, and so I tried to fill something in. I checked "Generate Project ID?", I put the project name ('FIRST') in for the Project ID, and the expansion of the acronym for the title (Far-Infrared Spectroscopy...). Customer cam from my addressbook. Coordinator is me. Budget is $0 (a very small shoe string project). My only problem is "Bookable Activities" and "Billable Activities". (I know "billable", but what is "bookable" ?) They seem to be required, but I have no idea where the values come from. I tried typing something in, but it didn't work. I get an error "Please choose activities for that project first !*". Obviously I'm missing something here. It seems to be telling me that I have to define the activities first (not sure how to do that) *before* I can define the project. This is just backwards from the way most project management packages work, i.e. you define the Project first, then you define the major tasks for that project, then you define sub-tasks for the tasks, and sub-tasks for the sub-tasks until you're down to the level of detail wanted/required.

Can anybody help ?

--
John Burton, Ph.D.
Principal Associate GATS, Inc. address@hidden 11864 Canon Blvd. - Suite 101