Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Installation - cannot login

From: Patrick Price
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Installation - cannot login
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 22:27:46 -0400

I did install cvs for AIX and haven't run into that particular problem on  AIX.  I got the errors on Solaris 8 with Apache 2.0 / PHP 4.2.2 and I'll go back to Solaris in a day or two and start again from scratch after applying cvs patches and see what happens.  Thanks for the help. -Patrick

Chris Weiss wrote:
Actually, the problem is in the new code.  I removed my "patch" from my install then
updated to cvs just after .14  released and this problem occurred after editing the
header the second time.  Removing the new code from my new header.inc.php allowed me
to edit the header one more time.  It has been fixed in the latest .14 CVS, but is a
problem in the tarball release.  BTW, thanks for adding that, I wouldn't have
thought to use a simple define to make it optional.  Nice and clean.

The fix was to wrap the function in a "if (!function_exists('perfgetmicrotime'))",
and a simple grep shows that the only other place perfgetmicrotime() is defined is
in the header template.

No need to scold at poeple for your lack of testing and lack of even bothering to
verify the bug report.  It's also not fair of you to assume that someone had added a
non-official patch, I'm sure that if he did add my "patch" he might have recognized
it right off, I know I did.

If I seem a little bitter it's because this is the 3rd relese in a row that had
quite simple but show stopping bugs in the tarball.  A couple of these releases were
not even usable without a cvs update.  But this is for a dirrent thread in a
different place.

Patrick, if you are unable to update cvs, change the function to look like this in
both your header and the template:

        if (!function_exists('perfgetmicrotime'))
        {
                function perfgetmicrotime()
                {
                        list($usec, $sec) = explode(' ',microtime());
                        return ((float)$usec + (float)$sec);
                }
        }

        if (DEBUG_TIMER)
        {
                $GLOBALS['debug_timer_start'] = perfgetmicrotime();
        }

Mark A Peters (Skeeter) (address@hidden) wrote*:

A developer has been notified..

I can't really help it that you had applied a non-approved patch
(no slam against you Chris "||cw").  Chris' code had actually been applied
into the post RC4 release wich is now official in the .14.000 release.  I
would suggest searching back in the mailing list to when Chris had suggested
the patch and find which file(s) (some file(s) in phpgwapi) and delete the
offending file(s) and perform an update from CVS.  Be careful to not delete
your header.inc.php file, the .template file would be ok to delete.

cd <your phpgw directory>; cvs -z9 -dP | less

That will grab all updates to the .14.000 release, along with restoring
the previous files deleted.

Thanks,
Mark A Peters (Skeeter)