Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP broke it?

From: Patrick Price
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP broke it?
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 21:02:05 -0400

Well this is one way to learn it!  I did duplicate the problem and am dismayed that I can break the entire installation so easily.

Can't find docs on the addressbook (in spite of adding the manual app) so I guess I have to dive into the code or join the dev list.   Merely entering some ldap server information into the addressbook (via the admin app) breaks everything (blank pages) so I have to uninstall all apps and reconfigure config and header.  Ah well, at least I understand PHP as opposed to Python and Zope.

Looks like this project needs some development help, both with documentation and code.  Where do I sign up to help?

-Patrick

Chris Weiss wrote:
the debug in the header is something new.  Most apps aren't honoring it yet.  In
each class file and some bo/so/ui files there is a debug var of some sort, sometimes
more, that can be set to a debug level, depending on how much info you want.

Patrick Price (address@hidden) wrote*:

OK I see that nothing really happens after installation and
configuration.  Just a navbar and a blank screen.  I then added a couple
of applications.  Logged in as admin, saw the icons on the left.

Went to settings for address book, entered our LDAP server.

Screen went blank when I went back to home.php.   Logged out, back in,
blank screen.  Not even a nav bar.

Tried some of the DEBUGs to TRUE in header, all I get is:

sane environment: messageonly
domain: default
main class loaded: messageonly
debug: datetime::datetime::gmtnow

The rest of the document is blank.  How to best DEBUG?  Tried setting
error_reporting(7) in home.php but nothing.

The /setup URL is the only thing working now.

Thanks,
Patrick