Re: [Phpgroupware-users] login.php is coded for /login.php and /home.php

From: Patrick Price
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] login.php is coded for /login.php and /home.php
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 16:33:57 -0400

Sorry, I just found the config.

However the config screen says No Trailing Slash for the URL, so I entered /phpgroupware

Then I try to login and get:

The requested URL /phpgroupwarelogin.php was not found on this server.

It turns out I DO have to give it the trailing slash. I entered /phpgroupware/ and login works.

I went back, removed trailing slash and made sure to reload login.php and it still won't login. login.php is broken - it needs the trailing slash.

When I use the slash, after login the URL has /phpgroupware// in it, and all I get is the header screen. The lower portion of the screen is blank. Is this normal?

I hope this entire platform isn't buggy throughout like this.  :-)

Thanks for the help.

-Patrick

Chris Weiss wrote:

that's the header, i'm talking about in config.

Patrick Price (address@hidden) wrote*:

Chris Weiss wrote:

it should come from the setup/config setting for your site url

There is no URL setting in the /phpgroupware/setup screen unless Server
Root is the URL (it defaults to filesystem path):

Server Root  (this is a path like /httpd/htdocs/phpgroupware)
Include Root (this should be the same as Server Root unless you know
what you are doing)
Admin password to header manager
DB Host                                    Hostname/IP of Databaseserver
DB Name                                    Name of Database
DB User                                    Name of DB User as
phpgroupware has to connect as
DB Password                                    Password of DB User
DB Type                         What Database do you want to use with
PHPGroupWare?
Configuration Password                                     Password
needed for configuration
Persistent connection                                    Do you want
persistent connections (higher performance, but eats memory)
Sessions Type
Enable MCrypt
MCrypt version
MCrypt initilazation vector
Domain select box on login

-Patrick

Patrick Price (address@hidden) wrote*:

I made it through configuration and creating admin/demo accounts, but
now the login.php form tries to post to /login.php.  It should be
posting to /phpgroupware/login.php or just login.php.

The / should not be there.  Where is the / coming from?

Patrick Price