[Phpgroupware-users] Filemanager and Webhosting apps..

From: John Burton
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Filemanager and Webhosting apps..
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 11:31:37 -0400

Greetings!

I have a minor problem which could potentially keep me from using phpGroupWare for my intended purpose. I have installed phpGroupWare 0.9.14 on my pretty much stock RedHat 7.3 Linux system. I am using Postgresql-7.2.1 as my SQL database, apache-1.3.23 as my HTTP server and php-4.1.2.

The problem is that I am unable to upload files via either the filemanager app or the webhosting app. I can browse for a file, select it and the name appears in the file box, but when I press "upload", it doesn't. It acts like its uploading (i.e. pauses like its transferring the file) and then the name disappears from the filename box. It does not appear in the list of filenames on the server, and it does not appear anywhere in the .../files/... directory structure.

I have no problems "creating" a file on the server using the filemanager "create" capability (press create and then edit the file). It shows up both in the filename list and in the proper place in the .../files/... directory structure. I can download it, copy, or delete it.

I've made sure the permission & ownership of the .../files directory were proper (apache:apache, 770) without any success.

I've tried both the rpm files and the tarball with the same results.

I've tried a "cvs co" of the 0.9.14 tree (as indicated on the website) with the same results.

I've tried updating the phpgroupware directory (from either the RPM installation or the tarball installation) using "cvs update -Pd" with the same results.

Apparently from the *lack* of recent messages on this list concerning the filemanager, this problem is not afflicting many people. Can anybody give me a hint, suggestion, whatever that might help solve this problem? I need to get this site up so the project participants can share files and collaborate easily... Help??

John

--
John Burton, Ph.D.
Principal Associate GATS, Inc. address@hidden 11864 Canon Blvd. - Suite 101