Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Phpgroupware and memory

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Phpgroupware and memory
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:22:02 -0700

This is yet another reason I want to make the switch to PHP4. PHP 4.1 and up support deconstructors. This will allow us to close up objects and each object can unset any vars it put in memory.

PHP4 has several other handy ways to deal with cleaning up memory usage that I believe will help as well.

For now I have looked and looked at what specificly we are using that takes up so much memory, but havent figured it all out yet.

Seek3r

Brian Johnson wrote:
I have a similar problem for which I haven't yet found a fix

Occasionally (ie about every two weeks) my httpd daemon sucks up so much
memory that it slows down the server and I have to restart it (the httpd
daemon)

The httpd server process is normally only being used for phpgroupware - from
informal testing I think that phpgroupware is doing it

The server is a PIII 650 with 512M RAM a 10G HD for the system that includes
a 522104K swap partition (the home directory is on a second hard drive)

Brian Johnson
address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>
Johnson Engineering Consultants
368 Huron St., Stratford, Ont.