[Phpgroupware-users] http-process running wild

From: Dirk H. Schulz
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] http-process running wild
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:30:13 +0200

I had once a strange phenomenon: When sorting and deleting emails in a small account (around 50 emails waiting to be worked on) suddenly the response of the server dropped down to nothing but without any message (no session reset by the server or whatever).

So I looked to the server and found one httpd-process running wild, consuming 100 % CPU. I let him do that for nearly one hour (the server has 4 CPU's, so why fuss about?), but nothing changed, so I restarted apache.

Since I was the only one working on that apache, I think that must be a phpgroupware related problem.

Has anyone experienced the same and can help? I run phpgroupware 0.9.14 RC4 on a quad pentrium Pro witz 1 Gig RAM and RedHat 7.2.

Thanks for any hint or help.

Dirk