Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Phpgroupware and memory

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Phpgroupware and memory
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:03:09 +0000

it's php and/or apaches fault.  most phpgw scripts do a clean up to close
resources and release memory, but php/apache keeps hol dof that memory to use
later.  Trouble is it doesn't always use it right away thus sucking up system
memory.  phpgw is a very complex php app in the grand scheme of things and so
can use a lot of memory.

My server has 256Meg and uses only 1.4Meg of swap.  A small amount of swap is
normal, more than 10Meg and I'd be worried.