[Phpgroupware-users] Another case of "can't install beyond header.inc.ph

From: Marc Lutolf
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Another case of "can't install beyond header.inc.php"
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:50:59 +0200

Hi All,

I installed phpgw (14-RC4) on a Linus box for testing a couple of weeks ago.
Worked fine.
Since then I upgraded to Apache 2.39 (from 1.3x) and to PHP 4.2.2 (from
4.0.6 I think) and found my logins (demo/guest etc.) were no longer being
accepted.

I tried reinstalling and now find I get stuck after having created and
uploaded the header.inc.php. A number of other posts have mentioned this
problem: you enter the config passwd on the login page, go the installation
page, hit "install" and get thrown back to the login page. No database
tables are created.

Since I didn't have this problem earlier, I am thinking the culprit might be
the upgrade to PHP 4.2.2. Does anyone have an opinion here? BTW
register_globals was on.

Thanks,
Marc