[Phpgroupware-users] new install won't populate database

From: River Hume
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] new install won't populate database
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:42:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

I just checked out & installed phpGW from the latest CVS yesterday, and
setupIII couldn't populate my database. I set up the database and got all
the permissions right. The one thing about my install that's less than
typical, is that the MySQL server is NOT on localhost. I put all the host
data into the form in setupIII and it writes the header just fine, but
fails to populate my database, and gives no errors. Then when I return to
setup, it gives me the Setup login, and the header login boxes, but nothing
else. When I login, I get "Please Wait" in the top left corner for a
moment, then it disappears, and I'm back to the same login page with
nothing else displayed.

Is there a problem with using (or at least setting up) remote databases? Is
there a workaround? I can't run a MySQL server on localhost at the
presesnt...

Thanx In Advance

River Hume
address@hidden