[Phpgroupware-users] Peer servers?

From: Olivier Dagenais
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Peer servers?
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 08:46:45 -0400

Hola!

I'm very new to phpgroupware, so I apologize ahead of time if I missed
something obvious.  I searched the documentation and the mailing list and I
can't seem to find out what a "peer server" is supposed to be.

I'm imagining it is a mechanism to allow people to use any of several
servers that might not always be in contact with each other (ie: regional
offices running their own servers that are synchronized with HQ
overnight/every 6 hours/etc.. or - even better - running phpgroupware on a
laptop not always connected to the LAN/Internet) and they synchronize the
data amongst themselves whenever they are connected again.

Could it be that sweet?  If so, do I simply supply all peers with
information about all the other peers?  And when does it synchronize?  If
not, please please please please tell me something like this is planned.. :)

Thanks!

Olivier A. Dagenais - Software Architect and Developer