[Phpgroupware-users] Installation procedure gets stuck after creating he

From: sk
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Installation procedure gets stuck after creating header.inc.php
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 01:27:15 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

        I think this could be a similar problem to that mentioned in the
post "Apache 2.0.39 w/ PHP 4.2.2 - phpGW 0.9.14 setup can't even be
completed past header setup page" dated "Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:25:05 -0500"
in this list's archive.

        I have the following:

                Slackware Linux 8.0 (kernel 2.2.21+SMP)
                Apache 1.3.26
                PHP 4.2.2 (register globals turned on)
                phpgroupware 0.9.12
                PostgreSQL 7.2.1

        When I start the setup process using http://host/setup/ I can fill
in the form, successfully creating what looks like a good header.inc.php
file and getting the

                Created header.inc.php!   [continue]

screen displayed.

        I click continue and I get asked to login for either "Setup/Config
Admin" or "Header Admin".  Entering the correct password for either and
clicking login simply re-displays the same screen.

        The fault I think it connected to that fact that no relations have
been created in my pgsql database.

        If I try to load http://host/setup/ again I see error messages
such as:

Warning: Failed opening
'/home/.../phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.db_.inc.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/local/php-4.2.2/lib/php') in
/home/.../phpgroupware/setup/inc/phpgw_setup.inc.php on line 183

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: db in
/home/.../phpgroupware/setup/inc/phpgw_setup.inc.php on line 184

        I have been following ./phpgroupware/doc/index.html exactly except
I have changed the database name and database user (but have manually
tested the new user by creating and dropping tables in the new database).

        Why has this failed?

        Regards,

--
Sean Kelly