[Phpgroupware-users] Send email results in blank page

From: Tony Howden
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Send email results in blank page
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 00:38:59 +0000

Hi All

Something that I just discovered that had me puzzled for a few minutes and may
be
of interest.

I had created a new user account and setup email preferences including the flag
save sent mail to the 'sent' folder.

I then composed an email and after clicking on the send button, the browser
window
returned as done with a blank screen. Clicking on refresh re-sent the email and
still returned a blank screen. It would not return to the inbox view.

Yep.. I hadn't created the sent mail folder! Once that was done it completes its
process correctly and returns to the inbox view.

I guess it might be an idea to have it so that if the user preference is set to
use
the sent folder the script should either create the folder automagically, or at
least verify/warn of the existence of the folder or not.  Alternatively the
process
of sending the email and saving to the sent folder could provide a message to
say 'sent mail folder %name% not found' and then return to the inbox rather than
just the blank page. Anyone got any thoughts/comments on this before I try to
hack
any scripts.

cheers
Tony
--

regards

Tony Howden
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/thowden
http://www.thowden.bpa.nu
http://www.marblebay.bpa.nu
http://www.recovertoy.bpa.nu
Snail Mail: PO Box 166 Ringwood VIC 3134 Australia
Alternate email: address@hidden