[Phpgroupware-users] Re: E-mail sending via the regular email client

Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: E-mail sending via the regular email client
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:52:13 +0000

Correct, newer SMTP servers SHOULD understand EHLO, which has special meaning
that the SMTP server is capable of certain modern things, mostly relating to
multipart messages.

If you have an older server, try the fix Chris recommends, that will work.
However, anglemail and stock phpGW 0.9.14 sends out "Content-Transfer-
Encoding: 8bit" mail, but even an older "HELO" SMTP server *should* be able
to handle it.

You should really update that SMTP server if possible.