[Phpgroupware-users] RC4 Envrionments

From: test test
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] RC4 Envrionments
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:37:32 -0700 (PDT)

Good Afternoon,

I have been reading the posting here and have noticed
that more than a few people are having problems with
the response times in phpGroupWare.  I too have been
noticed that the latest release of the software seems
slower.

I am currently using phpGroupWare for the calendar,
todo and notes functions in an attempt to keep from
having to install MS Exchange or Lotus Notes.  The
calendar is the application that is most important to
us and the calendar seems to be the slowest
application.

I've set up a new box with a 500 mhz processor and 384
MB of memory.  I have installed Redhat 7.3 in the
server mode and have updated mySQL and PHP.  With only
one person using this box on the LAN, it takes about
10 to 15 seconds to bring up my calendar.  If I want
to look at someone else's calendar, it takes me
another 10 to 15 seconds.  It takes about 5 to 10
seconds to display an entry or change to a daily view.

Hsing-Foo Wang earlier wrote that he had improved
performance by taking out the reference to the the
rule for time-a.nist.gov:13.  Is this something that
needs to be looked into?  If it's not too much
trouble, I would like him to post the changes that he
made because I would like to see what impact it had
here.

I would like to ask everyone who reads this to post
the respose times that you are getting.  I would like
to find out what others are experiencing especially
with the calendar application.  I would also like to
know how many people you have set up on your systems
and what kind of memory and processor you have.

I think that phpGroupWare is a great application and
I'm 100% behind the Open Source movement.  I think
that by working together, we will finally put the
performance issue to rest.

Thanks for your help

Paul.