Re: [Phpgroupware-users] RC4 problem after setup

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] RC4 problem after setup
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 15:58:04 +1000

Hi,

Firstly, I'm glad to hear you got it up and running Tony.

When I grabbed an update from cvs a few weeks ago, i discovered the new
'feature' in class.datetime only after the calendar started living in
the 70s again.  I took me sometime to work out what was going wrong.  I
must admit that I haven't noticed a detrimental impact on performance
since this change was made.

I like Tony and many live outside the US and use NTP to keep the system
clock sync'd.

I would suggest the following additions/alterations:
*  The daytime server be set in configuration not at the code level, and
if left blank the system clock is used.  In this case the tz_offset can
then be used to calculate gmt.  I suspect sites that are concerned about
time precision would already use NTP.

*  The requirement for a firewall rule to allow a connection to
time-a.nist.gov:13 if the feature is to be used be included in the
install doc.  This should prevent additional posts to the list/s.

Just my 2c on the issue.

Cheers

skwashd
Dave Hall