Re: [Phpgroupware-users] install problems with postgres (same as bug #45

From: Moritz Lennert
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] install problems with postgres (same as bug #456)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:40:39 +0200

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 07:46:19PM -0400, Phil Glaser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I have tcpip-socket set to '1' and nmap says:
> >
> > 5432/tcp   open        postgres
> >
> > So that doesn't seem to be the problem.
>
> Agreed. Assuming that you set up the data base container as per install
> instructions (http://docs.phpgroupware.org/12-docs/html/admin/), and that
> the user id and passwords are set up properly in the configuration file, my
> other suggestion is to hack out a few lines of PHP code to connect to the
> data base and run it from a shell script. When i did that I got a different
> set of error messages than what I got from phpgroupware.

Thanks, with the help of a little script I found out that the problem was my
/etc/postgresql/pg_hba_conf file. I had:

local        all                                           ident sameuser
host         all         127.0.0.1     255.0.0.0           ident sameuser

by changing that to

local        all                                          trust
host         all         127.0.0.1     255.0.0.0          trust

I can finally access the setup !

So, here I go exploring phpgroupware...

Again, many thanks to you, Phil !

Moritz