RE: [Phpgroupware-users] install problems with postgres (same as bug #45

From: Phil Glaser
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] install problems with postgres (same as bug #456)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:46:19 -0400

Hi,

> I have tcpip-socket set to '1' and nmap says:
>
> 5432/tcp   open        postgres
>
> So that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Agreed. Assuming that you set up the data base container as per install
instructions (http://docs.phpgroupware.org/12-docs/html/admin/), and that
the user id and passwords are set up properly in the configuration file, my
other suggestion is to hack out a few lines of PHP code to connect to the
data base and run it from a shell script. When i did that I got a different
set of error messages than what I got from phpgroupware.

HTH.

Regards,

Phil