Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Lost: cannot get past setup/configuration

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Lost: cannot get past setup/configuration
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 19:41:59 +0000

You may need to turn on register_globals and will need to turn on track_vars
in your php.ini.  php changed the default not long ago.

address@hidden wrote*:

>Dear all,
>
>I can't seem to get past the setup screen (using phpgw 0.9.12, with
>php 4.1.2-2, postgresql 7.2.1, apache-1.3.22-6 on redhat Linux 7.2, but I get
>the same behaviour with phpgw 0.9.9).
>
>When I acccess http://localhost/, I am asked to go to
>http://localhost/setup/manageheader.php, and when I fill in all the necessary
>fields and click write+config, nothing happens; I simply get exactly the same
>screen back:
>
>    You have not created your header.inc.php yet!
>     You can create it now.
>
>    You appear to have MySQL support enabled
>     You appear to have Postgres-DB support enabled
>     No Oracle-DB support found. Disabling
>     sample configuration not found. using built in defaults
>     Now guessing better values for defaults
>
>None of /var/log/php.log, /var/log/httpd/error_log or
>/data/postgresl/postmaster.log show any activtity during this,
>but /var/log/httpd/access_log shows  that the click did arrive.
>
>Printing out the $action before the final switch/case statement in
>setup/manageheader.php shows that $action is not set properly (i.e. is
>empty). I tried to manually create a meaningful header.inc.php, but to no
>avail.
>
>What I tried manually is given below; this results in:
>
>   Fatal Error: It appears that you have not created the database tables for
phpGroupWare. Click here run for setup.

>with the 'here' link referring to

http://localhost/index.phpsindex.phpeindex.phptindex.phpuindex.phppindex.php/i
ndex.php

        /*********************************************************************
*****\
>       *
phpGroupWare                                                             *
http://www.phpgroupware.org                                              *
<address@hidden>            *
                             *
>       *  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it *
>       *  under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the   *
>       *  Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at
your  *
>       *  option) any later
version.                                              *

        \*********************************************************************
*****/

>       /* $Id: header.inc.php.template,v 1.23.2.1 2001/06/14 12:03:32 jengo
Exp $ */

        /*********************************************************************
*****\
>       * !!!!!!! EDIT THESE
LINES !!!!!!!!                                        *

*****/

*****\
>       * Do not edit these
lines                                                  *

*****/