RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Installation problems

From: Mark Hanze
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Installation problems
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 16:21:00 -0400

You have to make sure the user and permissions are the same as the one
you use in mysql. As in the installation documentation
http://docs.phpgroupware.org/12-docs/html/admin/.

----
2.3.4.1. MySQL
Ensure that you have a working MySQL installation and that MySQL is
running.

Mandrake or Redhat:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld start
other:
/usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld &

Create the phpgroupware Database and give permissions to the
phpgroupware user

# mysqladmin -u someuser -p create phpgroupware (enter password when
prompted)
# mysql -u someuser -p
mysql> grant all on phpgroupware.* to address@hidden identified
by "somepassword";

For more detailed user documentation on MySQL see their website:
[http://www.mysql.com]
-----

I noticed that sometimes I have to go back in and run the permission
command again

Also I think phpgw is up 0.9.14RC3 would be the latest version.