Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Slow phpgroupware

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Slow phpgroupware
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 13:19:07 +0000

Performance is going to have more to do with your apache configuration and the
size
of your server.  Some things to look at:

-watch CPU usage, memory usage, and system load while phpgw is being used.
-if you have a lot of used swap memory, you will see slow downs.  consider
tuning
apache to keep fewer "spare" servers.
-If you have less than a P2 266 consider tuning apache and php to have only
those
things enabled that you actually need.  Also consider compiling them yourself so
that the things you don't need are not able to slow you down.

There is no one way to tune apache, it's more of a trial and error thing to find
just the right settings for your specific server and number fo users and their
perception of speed.