[Phpgroupware-users] some questions

From: Bruno Boettcher
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] some questions
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 02:02:59 +0200

Hello

i am just playing around to see if phpgroupware could fit my needs and
have some questions:

in the calendar:

could it be possible to have an email notification of entries made in
the name of a group into the calendar? this means without the email
application loaded? i couldn*t figure where to enter my email address,
  and i don't want ot install an imap server on my machine.

i noticed that in the calendar there's only the entries entered into the
calendar itself, the notes, projects etc which have also date and
eventually time scedules aren't displayed in the calendar, is there some
trick to have them displayed as well in the calendar?

I couldn't found in the docu a section about crossreferenceing
references across the applications... (would need that for my
    application too...)

Other point i coulnd#t find in the docu: my actual application that i
will eventually port to groupware (a financial bookkeeping software
    called fibu) uses at the moment an own menu system. I couldn't found
te docu concerning the groupware menu. Actually if i would keep my menu
concurrently to the groupware menu, this makes problems with the layout
(the fibu output is allready quite large...) so it would make more sense
to integrate it into the groupware menu. But its a hierarchical
menue....

What about the documentation? is there any framework for easy
compilation, display help etc for the online documentation of a project?

Other point my application has a quite complicated authorization
mecanism, allowing a very fine grain control over every part of my
application, is there any docu about the one used in groupware to see if
i can recreate the same there?

i have created several cathegories, and now i want to delete some of
them, since i wanteed to make a better more hierarcised system, but it
appears that those can't be deleted?? other point sub cathegories don't
allways appear in the applications for valid cathegories??

concerning my app, it won't make it into the official groupware stuff
anyways since it uses standard SQL (which is way beyond the capabilites
    of MySQL) but i would like to be able to integrate it into the
common interface.

so much this far :D

--
ciao bboett