Re: errors on .14rc3 (was Re: [Phpgroupware-users] error when trying to

From: SI Reasoning
Subject: Re: errors on .14rc3 (was Re: [Phpgroupware-users] error when trying to run todo)
Date: 31 May 2002 16:28:45 -0500

On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 16:07, Chris Weiss wrote:
> SI Reasoning (address@hidden) wrote*:
> >This is what I have caught so far.... It is possible that many of these
> >have already been fixed in cvs. I don't know how to use cvs so I haven't
> >tried it. Are you planning an RC4 soon?
> Since you've installed an RC, the hard part is done, as long as you have a cvs
> client installed.  From the phpgroupware directory, run `cvs -z3 update -dP`
> and it
> will merge in all the latest updates to the .14 branch from cvs.
>
> >Also, One thing that would be wonderful would be a gpg plugin for email.
> >Once this program has matured a little, it might give it a leg up on
> >secure email.
> there was once a discusion on this.  IIRC, the big show stopper is, since
> it's a
> web based app, and has shared storage, and the email would be decrypted on the
> server and sent to you in plain text anyway, is there really a benifit?
> Doesn't
> matter to me, if I want something secure, I'll put it in an password protected
> archive.

is this the case even if you connect using https?

SI Reasoning
address@hidden
gpg public key ftp://ftp.p-p-i.com/pub/si-mindspring-pubkey.asc

 "I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me
 and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country....
 Corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in
 high places will follow, and the money power of the country
 will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the
 prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated
 in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."
-Abraham Lincoln