[Phpgroupware-users] http authentication and email problems

From: R. M. Alarcon
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] http authentication and email problems
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:49:35 -0500

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup phpgw using htth authentication with the option of
creating accounts for authenticated users.

1. Everytime I go to /phpgroupware I'm presented with the login screen. You
can actually leave all of the fields blank and submit blank fields. After
the submition it picks up the http authentication info and lets you in. I'm
upgrading from phpgroupware-0.9.12, and this was not the behavior. 9.12
would let you right in, without displaying the login screen.

2.  It is not creating accounts for authenticated users. I guess this
derives from problem 1.

3. Email gives me the following error:

Warning: Couldn't open stream {pop3.ellman.com:143/pop3}INBOX in
/var/www/phpgroupware/email/inc/class.mail_dcom_pop3.inc.php on line 181

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: server_last_error() in
/var/www/phpgroupware/email/inc/class.mail_msg_base.inc.php on line 1088

The only way to make it work is by specifying all the settings in the CUSTOM
EMAIL PREFS. For some reason the default ones won't work.

why is it trying to connect to: "pop3.ellman.com:143/pop3" -> this looks
incorrect

Any ideas?

Regards,

Renato A.