[Phpgroupware-users] Adding newusers for LDAP..

From: Mark Williamson
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Adding newusers for LDAP..
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:04:15 +1100

Hi All,

Have PHPGroupware up and running here,  and it's looking great, using the
lastest beta version..   I got the LDAP stuff running after I found the docs
in phpgroupware/phpgwapi/doc/ldap/

What I am doing here is using LDAP for user AUTH in Phpgroupware, as well as
AUTH for the Linux network to centrally manage passwords and user logins,
like nsswitch-ldap..  My main task was when a newuser was be added to my
network, they would added to Phpgroupware..  and to the LDAP server, as well
as have a group added for them, they would also become members of other
needed groups to enable proper use of their workstation.  The problem that I
am having is once the system is up and running, adding a new user seems to be
a rather complex situation..

First I select  adduser from within Phpgroupware..  that seems to add the
user O.K. to the Phpgroup, as well as the group, but it seems to stuff up the
groups as far as the Linux is concerned..  at the moment I correct the
situation with a program called GQ..  to edit the account after the account
has been made..   I also have to make the users home dir manually and copy
the skel stuff from /etc/skel..    Is Phpgroupware planning anything that
could make this adding users a little simpler..  or is there another method
that I don't know about?

Cheers
Mark
--