[Phpgroupware-users] (no subject)

From: Simon Ó Dochartaigh
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 16:45:08 +0100

Hello all!

a beginner to all this. Trying to get phpgroupware installed on my Redhat Linux 7.2 server. PHP 4.0.6, mySQL 3.23.32
I have followed the instructions on installing by the letter and have got to writing the header.inc.php
Then I press 'continue' and a double login is brought up. One for Setup/Config Admin Login, the other for Header Admin Login.
I enter my password for Setup/Config Admin Login and it logs in but I get a long page with this message written over and over:

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home//www/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.db_mysql.inc.php on line 79

What should I do to try and sort this out?

I have looked around and not found an answer to this. I have created the table phpgroupware and the user as stated in INSTALL.
create database phpgroupware;
grant all on phpgroupware.* to address@hidden identified by '<password>';

There are no tables in phpgroupware.

Thanks in advance