Re: [Phpgroupware-users] importing contacts from outlook express, 0.9.12

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] importing contacts from outlook express, 0.9.12
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:36:12 +0000

>i want to import contacts into the addressbook from outlook express 5, windows.
>i exported my contacts as csv. i exported every field possible.
>i imported from phpgroupware using the "import from outlook" conversion type.
>
>all the fields are in the wrong place!

Hello,

I did this. Well, the problem is that the fields (in the first line) are not
the same and phpGW is not always able to make them correspond.

My advise : make a CSV export from phpGW, make a CSV export from outlook, and
change the names of the fields in the outlook export to have the same ones as
the ones in the phpGW export.

That's work, but if you do it only once ...

An automatic tool could make these "field renaming" automatic ...

>ps: is there any way to search the archives?

On the savannah web site, no ?