Antwort: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] not using IMAP?

From: lars . rektorschek
Subject: Antwort: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] not using IMAP?
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 16:08:42 +0100

>AFAIK the mail module needs the IMAP library even for pop3 servers.
>This "complain" means your php-installation hasn't been configured with
>Imap. You can check this with phpinfo(). Unless this tells you something
>like "configure --with-imap" you wont be able to use any email functions
>within phpgw (regardless of IMAP or POP3)

Hi there,

I have also several problems  with my IMAP installation. The rest of my
PHPGroupware installation works
fine, but when I try to run the mail module, I get the following message:

"There was an error trying to connect to your mail server. Please, check
your username and password,
or contact your admin."

I have the following configuration: Suse Linux 7.2 Professional, MySQL
database, Cyrus IMAP Mailserver 2.0.16,
Sendmail 8.11.3-33. When I try to send a mail in suse linux for testing the
server with echo "Subject: Test" | /usr/lib/sendmail -v debug,
the message also doesn't reach my cyrus mail account, which I have created
before for the user debug. I don't
know what's the problem, it seems that sendmail doesn't use the mail agent
deliver from cyrus. But I don't know why,
I've created a new sendmail.cf with all the details about cyrus. Maybe
somebody can help!? Thanks.

Greetings,
Lars