RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Cannot send e-mail

From: Jimmy
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Cannot send e-mail
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:21:08 -0500

Hi Again,
Here is an update...  I still cannot send e-mail.
Here is what I have done so far.
DL and installed phpGW 0.9.14 -- OK
Installed courrier-imap -- OK

I can connect to port 143 with telnet so I know the imap server is
running, but it does not create its mailboxes.  If I use the IMAP client
with phpGW it says it cannot connect to (imap/143)INBOX.
When I use the pop3 client, I can check the e-mail with no problem.
With all of these different scenerios I cannot send e-mail.
Here is the error I get when I try to send and e-mail:

----------------------------------
The mail server returned:
Array
(
    [code] => 501
    [msg] => Bad address syntax

    [desc] =>
    [server_chat] =>
c->s: fsockopen(10.0.0.50,25,0,,5) ; returned: Resource id #23
s->c: 220 apok.vision-2000.ca ESMTP Postfix
c->s: EHLO www.vision-2000.ca
s->c: 250-apok.vision-2000.ca
s->c: 250-PIPELINING
s->c: 250-SIZE 10240000
s->c: 250-ETRN
s->c: 250 8BITMIME
c->s: MAIL FROM:<address@hidden>
s->c: 250 Ok
c->s: RCPT TO:<>
s->c: 501 Bad address syntax

)

To go back to the msg list, click here

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: parse_navbar_end() in
/home/vision-2/pub/html/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/footer.inc.php on line
62
----------------------------------

Postfix does not SEE the address I am tring to send to.  So either I
have to adjust Postfix or one of the php scipts.  I triied tuning off
strict_rcf... In /etc/postfix/main.cf and that did not help.  So I am
thinking that phpGW is not sending postfix the address properly.
How do I fix this?  Is there a patch?  What file should I be looking at
to try and fix this?

This is where I am at...  At least now, I get a better error message...
:)

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Jimmy