Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Initial installation

From: Tomasz Chmielewski
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Initial installation
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:37:01 +0100

Guillaume Courtois wrote:

I have already seen this kind of message, but can't remember the reason. From
memory, I would say

1. not all the steps done in /phpgroupware/setup
2. not all the files present in the directories (e.g. in admin, setup, etc ...)
3. not the rights to read certain files

First things to verify anyway !

OK, thanks, but this doesn't help me a bit.
What do you mean by 'not all the steps done in /phpgroupware/setup'?
The install document fount on http://docs.phpgroupware.org/12-docs/html/admin/ doesn't cover any /phpgroupware/setup/. I have done everything what's mentioned in this document, but it doesn't seem to work when I enter the step:

   2.3.5. Setup/Configure phpGroupWare

     2.3.5.1. configure header file

Point your browser to http://yourserverroot/phpgroupware/setup/ which will ....

This causes the error I specified before.

What did I omit?

-- T.

Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r) (address@hidden) wrote*:

can you detail some of your environment details. That will help

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

Hello,

I have installed phpGroupWare, but whenever I point my browser to
http://192.168.1.1/phpgroupware/setup/ as described in the "phpGoupWare
Administration Manual", I receive the following error, which I can't get
rid of.

Parse error: parse error in
/mnt/hdb5/www/html/phpgroupware/header.inc.php on line 43

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /mnt/hdb5/www/html/phpgroupware/header.inc.php:43) in
/mnt/hdb5/www/html/phpgroupware/setup/index.php on line 24

Any help would be of course greatly appreciated! :)

Regards,

Tomasz Chmielewski