Re: [Phpgroupware-users] phpgroupware&debian

From: Trent Swift
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] phpgroupware&debian
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:22:16 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Pieter De Troyer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just spent a whole afternoon installing phpgroupware on an debian box
> (woody) with php4, apache & mysql installed and running. I tried the
> installation with the debian package system (apt-get).
>
> No succes though.
>
> When visiting localhost/phpgroupware for the first time I hav to go to a
> place to manage the configuration. Creating the tables is no problem.
> However, when I want to edit the current configuration I get a lot of
> errors (from php) that it cannot stat some files. I tried to find any
> clues in the code but tha was a bit to complex for a quick hack.
> I can however adjust some configurations (not all, e.g. mailserver,
> newsserver, etc...)
>
> after som trials i manage to get logged in. Then I want to edit the news
> section (via the admin menu). Here I only get lots and lots of invalid
> file handlers in class.network.inc.php.
>
> Are there any debian users who have managed to install this thing and got
> it working?

Yes.

I'm running woody on my notebook where I've been playing with
phpgroupware+apache+mysql for the last week or so. Initially when I
connected with netscape and ran through setup and the header admin, I
kept getting numerous errors (like stat'ing files) that made me think
I got something wrong. Turns out, I was just paying too much attention
to errors - silly me. I found that I could actually ignore most of
them and just continue as if they didn't happen. Eventually I got
through the setup and header admin and was presented with the user
login.

Also, after logging in, several of the apps just presented errors. I
new from dpkg output that it failed to connect to mysql so I just
inspected the postinst scripts for the apps and ran the sql setup
commands by hand.

Now it all seems to work fine. I haven't had a chance to work out why
the install fails and submit a more detail bug report. I don't recall
seeing any errors with class.network.inc.php but there were so many I
could have missed it.

Cheers,