[Phpgroupware-users] phpgroupware&debian

From: Pieter De Troyer
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] phpgroupware&debian
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 19:00:30 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I just spent a whole afternoon installing phpgroupware on an debian box
(woody) with php4, apache & mysql installed and running. I tried the
installation with the debian package system (apt-get).

No succes though.

When visiting localhost/phpgroupware for the first time I hav to go to a
place to manage the configuration. Creating the tables is no problem.
However, when I want to edit the current configuration I get a lot of
errors (from php) that it cannot stat some files. I tried to find any
clues in the code but tha was a bit to complex for a quick hack.
I can however adjust some configurations (not all, e.g. mailserver,
newsserver, etc...)

after som trials i manage to get logged in. Then I want to edit the news
section (via the admin menu). Here I only get lots and lots of invalid
file handlers in class.network.inc.php.

Are there any debian users who have managed to install this thing and got
it working?

thanx.

pieter

Pieter De Troyer
Researcher @ P.M.A.
Dept. Werktuigkunde K.U.Leuven
Div. P.M.A.
tel: +32 (0)16 32 28 33

"I don't mind going nowhere as long as it's an interesting path."
                -- Ronald Mabbitt