Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Downloading CVS Qs

From: Bob Purdon - Lists
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Downloading CVS Qs
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 22:26:10 +1100 (EST)

> I like this program but seems to have alot of broken
> apps and links etc. Seems kinda in a disarry and disorganization.

I'm getting that impression too - not helped by the project seemingly
being half way between two homes, and bits still split between the two.

> I would like to get the latest stable version but not sure what it is.
> What is it ? when I start phpgroupware it says api 0.9.12 on the login
> screen. Am running on Freebsed.

I think 0.9.12 is the stable version, but I could be wrong.  It's
certainly what I'm running here and the features I want to use seem stable
enough.

I'd like to move up to something more like the CVS demo version on the
phpgroupware.org site, but that doesn't seem as easy as it sounds.  After
a few days of trying, I found enough info to download something at least
close to that version, but it broke badly when I installed it in a test
environment.

I dumped the data to a new database and ran the setup through, but some of
the applications (including phpgwapi) showed by broken.  When I tried to
fix those, even more broke.  I guess the upgrade doesn't work.  I know
it's still in a state of development, but it was a little disappointing to
see it break so badly.

Oh well, I'll either wait a few more days and try again (if I've got
time), or wait for a full release.