[Phpgroupware-users] registration app and choice of personal_info templa

From: Jim Foster
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] registration app and choice of personal_info template
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 06:15:08 -0700

Hello all!

This is a question regarding the registration application.

I am using it for a client's site that is composed of both general public areas and areas that require registration in order to access those areas. Works like a charm!

Now the request from my client is to allow for internationalization on the registration form. As we all know, an international form mixed in with one for the US is a real mess. Best approach is to fork either national or international. My thought is to put radio buttons for national/international on the opening page that asks for a login name, and for the registration app to pull up a personal_info_national.tpl --OR-- a personal_info_international.tpl in uireg.step2, depending, of course,  on the user's radio button select.

Question: Is the registration app architected to allow for such choice without a massive code rewrite? or must I consider other, less elegant options?

Thanks much in advance!

Jim