[Phpgroupware-docteam] ice-cream cone

From: Howard Emery
Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] ice-cream cone
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:58:01 +0200

Conatus is a constant striving to continue to exist, and to flourish in the world. Things have not necessarily changed for the better; they have simply continued to happen. For days afterward, I gazed out the window at a smoke cloud. The first one is being held today in dozens of locations around the world.
Things have not necessarily changed for the better; they have simply continued to happen. The fight now is whether it's possible to retroactively reverse that outcome.
That's a real challenge, but it's one Jonathan expressly acknowledges in him email. That being said, both these guys very deeply get it. Air travel is a nightmarish experience. It took ten more to deploy the always-on broadband network we have today. On that day an unidentified object, allegedly with five aliens aboard, crashed on a ranch just outside Roswell, New Mexico.
Microsoft, with the arrival of Ray Ozzie, has also gotten networked computing religion, although it has a long way to go to shed its anchor of desktop software.
That's a key theme of my writings, and of Supernova.
Remembering that terrible day five years ago still gives me chills, but if I try not to think about it, I can almost imagine it never happened.
On the subways, this time, perhaps?
Google is, for example, the dominant platform for connecting advertising and eyeballs, although Yahoo!
It's what surrounds those football-field Googleputers in Oregon, and all the other manifestations of the Internet-scale computer.
It's the syndication model I described several years ago in a Harvard Business Review article.
So did, miraculously, our close friends who worked in the towers, not yet in their offices when the disaster struck.
That makes him twice as qualified as Hillary Clinton.
So deeply, mundanely, normal.
I'm still convinced it's true, but we need a better understanding of what decentralization means. Cringely is skeptical this will work, but for entirely operational reasons: he doesn't think Sun can realign the incentives of its employees, particularly the sales force.
Cringely is skeptical this will work, but for entirely operational reasons: he doesn't think Sun can realign the incentives of its employees, particularly the sales force. Things have not necessarily changed for the better; they have simply continued to happen. IBM has for years thrived by emphasizing services and open source, to the detriment of proprietary hardware margins, and HP has basically copied that strategy.
Whatever passes would almost certainly do significantly more harm than good.
At the same accelerating rate of change, give it five more to finish building the Internet-scale computer. And Microsoft is, of course, much more than a software company.
If you're playing this game on any shorter time scale, you're in trouble.
Still, it's nice to see at least some progress is being made toward a wireless commons on the National Mall. Memory, and history, are powerful things.
Still, it's nice to see at least some progress is being made toward a wireless commons on the National Mall. Then, suddenly, that terrible rumbling. Mac as the lynchpins of its resurgence.