Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Online Help

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Online Help
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:15:00 +1000

Hi Ian,

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 12:00 +0100, Ian Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently evaluating PHpGroupware for deployment as our calendaring
> solution. I'm looking at the 0.9.16.005 release packaged with Ubuntu 5.04.

That is a little dated.  I would suggest using either nightly build
stable cvs debs - see http://downloads.phpgroupware.org/debs for more
info

> All looks good so far, except that there appears to be very little
> online help provided for the end-users. Can you let me know whether this
> is planned for a future release (soon)?

In HEAD (which will become 0.9.18) we hope to use Open Document Format
(ODF) for creating all documentation.  At this stage we haven't worked
out how to incorporate this into application, but it is being looked at.

> There is some possibility I can contribute in this area, if you think it
> appropriate.

Any help is appreciated :)  Create the docs and post a link or dump them
into the patch manager on savannah.
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=phpgroupware

Cheers

Dave