[Phpgroupware-docteam] Re: [Phpgroupware-users] apps.phpgroupware.org &

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Re: [Phpgroupware-users] apps.phpgroupware.org & docs
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:24:49 +1100

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 18:51 -0900, Marc Grober wrote:
> Is the wiki server supposed to address apps as well as phpgw or just phpgw
> and if the latter, what is the roadmap for apps.phpgw.org?

The wiki is supposed to be for fixing our docs.  They are currently a
mess.  Brain Johnson is supposed to working with our docs coordinator
Kai (aka powerstat) to fix them.

the plan for apps.phpgroupware.org is designed to provide a basic
summary of apps, links to documentation, bugs, feature requests and may
knowledge base information for each app in phpGW CVS.  3rd party
applications won't be featured on the site.

> if you are
> looking at doing the apps docs via wiki, could you simply place all the
> existing docs in a set of directories that would essentially simulate how
> they would be found in the distribution so as to promote efforts by the
> "community" to convert that to wiki format

That was discussed at one stage, but it has stalled for a long time.  I
have been thinking about this and would actually prefer that
documentation is developed in OpenOffice writer as it supports export to
docbook, html, PDF and plain text.  The documents can then be used for a
range of purposes and be pulled straight from CVS for use on sites such
as apps.phpgroupware.org

CC'd docteam FYI

Cheers

Dave