[Phpgroupware-docteam] Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Infolo Linking

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Infolo Linking
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:16:16 +0000

Iieeeee !!

Now I've read it .. you've made it much harder than it needs to be.

Infolog was created to link record of different apps together .. but it went
about it backwards since the maintainers of the initial apps to be linked
together didn't all support the concept (they still don't by the way).

Therefore the linking was embedded into the infolog app itself .. that is what
you discovered and are trying to hack.

After the first attempts, a hook system was added in order to make it easier
tfor other apps to use the infolog system without having to edit the infolog
code.

Here is how I think I got it to work (I can check into it more later):

1. in my timetrack/setup/setup.inc.php file I have these lines:
        $setup_info['timetrack']['hooks']['search_link'] =
'timetrack.botimetrack.search_link';

2. in my timetrack/inc/class.botimetrack.inc.php I have:
                function search_link()
                {
                return array(
                          'query' => 'timetrack.botimetrack.link_query',
                           'title' => 'timetrack.botimetrack.link_title',
                          'view' => array(
                                'menuaction' =>
'timetrack.timetrack.viewproject',
                              ),
                        'view_id' => 'job_id',
                   );
                }
/* These point to functions to allow infolog to work. (Samples of these
functions can be found in the infolog code)
query points to a function that infolog uses when searching for something in
your app to link to
title points to a function that gets the text to display in infolog for a
linked record
view points to a function that displays the record if you click on it in
infolog
view_id is the field name provided to the view function so it know which
record to display
*/