Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Enabling Simplified Chinese [wasTranslation

From: C K Wu
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Enabling Simplified Chinese [wasTranslation to Brazilian Portuguese]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:30:54 +0800

Guillaume Courtois wrote:

> >My understanding is that Simplified Chinese (zh), similiar to Portuguese,
> >is not enabled by default.
>
> Yep.
>
> >Perhaps the setting may have already been changed in cvs.  But just to be on
> >the safe side, I would like to file a request to change the 'available'
> >field to
> 'yes'
> >
> >for the case of lang_id='zh' and lang_name='Chinese' in the 'languages'
> >table.
> >
> >I am following your advice and send a copy of this email to the
> >phpgw_developers
> list.
>
> Ok, did someone change that ?

I don't know.  I normally work with the latest stable release and seldomn do cvs
update.

> I'm thinking about something which could be more intelligent at the moment.
> Why not
> activate the languages in the table depending on what languages are installed
> in
> setup (when you add phrases) ? For example, if someone installs translations
> for
> chinese, you activate chinese.
>
> What do you think ? That could be done easily, no ?

Apparently, the logic sequence is,

'available' field in languages table set to 'yes'
During setup, step 3, the 'available' languages are listed as installable -
'non-available' languages are not included
User picks the languages he/she want to install

So, "availability" seems to be a pre-condition for language installation.

Dave's suggestion of checking for existence of [phpgw_xx.lang] files to
determine if the 'available' flag should be set to 'yes' or 'no' seems to
be a better alternative.

Cheers,
CK