[Phpgroupware-docteam] Invitation to produce translation for CK-ledger

From: C K Wu
Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Invitation to produce translation for CK-ledger
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:16:54 +0800

Hi, folks,

CK-Ledger is a set of add-on double-entry accounting
modules for phpgroupware.  The latest release, v.0.3.1, has
a full set of English lang() files embedded within the
tarball.

I would like to invite your participation to produce translations
for CK-Ledger.  You are also most welcome to produce sample
chart of accounts for your target country and/or jurisdiction.  You
may like to take note of the following points when producing
the sample chart of accounts.

a)    Please, draw up the new sample Chart of Accounts based
        on a fictitious company or organisation.  I would like to
        avoid any future lawsuit claiming intellectual property right
        or trade secret.

b)    Please, indicate what industry the fictitious company is in.

c)    Please, limit the number of accounts to under 50.

d)    Please, draw up the Chart of Accounts in the form of,

        A/C#, Description, Type (A|H), Charttype (A|L|Q|I|E)

        A (type)    - account
        H - heading
        A (charttype) - asset
        L - liability
        Q - equity
        I - income
        E - expense

        one account per line and inside a pure text (ASCII) file or
        send it to me as inline text of an email.

e)    Please, provide a brief description of the transactional
        (VAT/Sales) tax of the country concerned, so I can
        adjust the software accordingly.

f)    or, if you feel adventuresome, program the Chart of Accounts,
        yourself, ie, provide a  ..../ledadmin/adminbuild.php clone
        for the fictitious company.  After appropriate testing, I'll
        incorporate the new Chart of Accounts into the main
        CK-Ledger code.

Marc Lutolf has graciously agreed to take charge of the German
translation.  I, myself, will produce the Chinese translation,but,
if anyone like to take charge of the Chinese translation, please do so.
Just send me a email first, so I could delete one great big item from my

todo list  :-) .

Any feedback welcomed.

Cheers,
CK