[Phpgroupware-docteam] Re: German Translation

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Re: German Translation
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:31:07 -0400

"Sven M. Höritz"  <address@hidden> a écrit:

> I want to use PHP-Groupware ... BUT ... I need it in german.
> On the translation-page I saw, that that the german translation is not yet
> complete.
> Now my question is, where do I find the language files and how can I
> help translate you product to german?

hello Sven, many modules in phpgroupware are translated to german. You
will see a phpgw_de.lang file in the setup directory of these
apps. If a module has a phpgw_en.lang file but no phpgw_de.lang file,
it has not been translated to German. If you want to create the
translation, you could simply take the phpgw_en.lang file where each
line has the following structure (where <TAB> is a tabulation character)

phraseidentifier<TAB>modulename<TAB>languagecode<TAB>translation

You would have to replace the languagecode en by de and the
english "translation" by the german translation. Don't get confused by
the fact that in the english files the phraseidentifier and the
translation are more or less identical. In phpgw's framework English
too has to be translated.

Michael