[Phpgroupware-docteam] Chora example needed

From: Peter Moulding
Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Chora example needed
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:43:43 +1000

Hello phpGW,
I do not understand the 4 fields required to set up Chora. I can access
a local directory. I tried accessing the phpGroupWare server but it
fails with CVSROOT not found. Several combinations of settings all
produce the same message.

I tried several settings to access cvs.php.net server but it fails with
the same cryptic message.

There are three CVS clients recommended for Windows 2000 by the CVS
site. One is written in Java so, of course, it does not work. Once is a
mixture of C and Python but always tries to update the CVS server even
when you specify read only access. The third requires two languages that
are not normally installed on a workstation and both languages have
installation errors.

I am looking forward to using a nice easy CVS client that works and is
written in a language I can read. All I need is a good explanation of
what goes in each field when setting up a repository. Both the
phpGroupWare and PHP servers would be useful examples for people
installing phpGroupWare.

Peter